It’s been a while since we first created Anagram Twist–a little over two years to be more exact. Since then, we’ve come out with a couple of new games. None have resonated with so many people as this simple app though.
Having been downloaded time and time again with well over 40,000 ratings, many have asked for us to create an Android version of this game. The stars never really aligned to make this happen, until recently that is.
Anagram Twist for Android is pretty much the same as our iOS application, but we’ve included stars for you to unlock additional content and a hint system for figuring out what more difficult words are.
We hope you will enjoy this application as much as our first creation. Download it now for free and let us know what you think! Hopefully we can create more apps for Android in the future.
Anagrams, like those found in our app, Anagram Twist, might looks like a whole bunch of jumbled letters, but there’s actually a bit of science that can be applied towards solving and figuring out words. To unscramble anagrams more effectively, try out these helpful tips and strategies:
- Search out prefixes and suffixes. If you can get rid of two or more letters (for instance, “UN” or “PRE”), you can more easily handle unscrambling the rest of the letters.
- Some letters more naturally go together, like “CS,” “CH,” and “TR.” Use this to your advantage.
- If these tricks don’t work, try organizing the letters on paper in a specific shape. You might try isolating vowels and consonants on opposite sides, organizing letters in a circle, or creating a grid with the letters to be used as the X and Y axis.
- Sometimes, you may have to systematically go through iterations of a single word. In our app, the “Last Word” button should help you quickly recover where you left off.
If all else fails, you might try an anagram solver. Here’s one of the best we were able to find.
With these tips and tricks, you’ll be solving anagrams more efficiently in no time. Looking for something new in the way of strategies by the way? Check out the recent article we posted about cryptograms.
Having difficulty solving the cryptograms within Spy Words, or any other similar puzzle for that matter?
Here are some helpful tips and strategies to make decoding phrases easier:
- Single letters are most likely and “A” or and “I.” Knock those out first.
- There are some letters that probably repeat a lot. There’s a good chance that these letters represent an “E,” “T,” or “A.”
- Look for two letter words that also might be easy to get out of the way. According to Jim Loy, “The most common three letter words are THE and AND (followed by FOR, HIS, NOT, BUT, YOU, ARE, HER, HAD).”
- Apostrophes tend to be followed by letters like “S.”
- Also look out for double letters, which will most likely be “LL;” and repeating letter patterns like “ING.”
Looking for something a little more direct? We’ve found some pretty good solvers out there for you to use too!
Decrypto – Can solve basic substitution ciphers pretty easily. It can also work the opposite way, providing cryptograms for you to use with friends.
Cryptogram Solver – Like Decrypto but with additional language support.
Say hello to the latest addition to the OmNom Apps family, Master Mind Golf. This game, currently for iOS, is a quirky, golf-themed, code-breaking puzzler that will put your deductive reasoning skills to the test.
In this game, you must fill up some nasty divots by correctly guessing the word. Using the available letters, your aim is to patch up the terrain in the smallest number of tries possible with scores being given out based on the number of strokes you take.
There are numerous courses to choose from with many more coming your way.
Each course has a host of new puzzles for you to solve.
We’ve also included a score sheet for you to see overall how you’re doing.
We hope you enjoy Master Mind Golf. To celebrate the release of our latest game, we’re giving players, who download the application now, the ability to score a free puzzle pack filled with 50 new puzzles. Simply rate Master Mind Golf within the app.
Please help spread the word about Master Mind Golf. It’s support from people like yourself that keep us going and developing. Cheers!