We’ve been working really hard for the past few weeks on a few really cool things–one of which is a pretty extensive update to Button Smasher. This update includes new sounds, graphics, and power-ups aimed at making the game faster, more exciting and strategic than ever before.
If you’ve played the game before, you may have noticed that we’ve removed the outline of the clock in favor of a circular power-up bar. You also may have noticed that chain has been replaced with icons. These icons represent the various power-ups that you can receive.
Each power-up adds a new dimension to the game and are designed to provide benefits to different types of gamers. Power-ups include invincibility (shield), automatic points (arrow), a reduction in the number of shapes generated (shapes), multiplier (lightning bolt), and the ability to add time (clock).
- The shield prevents you from being affected by errors during the time it’s activated.
- The arrow increases your score by 10,000 points over the course of 10 seconds.
- The shape power-up makes it so you only have to press one of two shapes while it’s in use.
- The lightning bolt increases your bonus by two times.
- Last but not least, the clock adds one second to your time for every successful button smash.
It takes seven smashes to achieve the next level of power-up, which can be activated at any time using the button on the right.
There are more updates in the pipeline to look forward to, including Game Center. In the meantime, have fun with this update and good luck in becoming an Ultimate Button Smasher.